Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Portrait of a House

It has been a busy summer in our house! I hope you are all enjoying your summer (or winter for my Southern Hemisphere friends). We started our homeschool right after the Fourth of July. Where we live the summers are pretty hot and humid - so much so that nobody wants to go outside to play. Since we're indoors anyway, I get us started on the school year. It frees us up to take things a bit easier around Christmas. And the best part is when Spring arrives and we are itching to get out into the sunshine, we're finished with school!

Teaching four kids leaves me with precious little time for art, but I managed to steal some time yesterday to do a house portrait. I saw this photo of this cute little house online. She has so much character she was begging for me to paint her!


To maintain the playful character of the house, I kept my brushstrokes loose.


My kids had fun walking past my easel every now and then to see how the progress was coming. About half way through this my son asked me "What are you painting?" Um, a house?! Seriously, these kids!


I plan to paint more houses - starting with the ones I can see from my front window. (So to my neighbors: I'm not being creepy by staring at your house all day, ok?)




No comments: